- Nigeria, Africa’s most powerful economy in GDP terms, trades bitcoin worth over $218 million despite crypto transaction restrictions imposed by Nigeria’s apex bank.
- Paxful and Chainalysis have both reported that the cryptocurrency market in Nigeria has grown by 1200% in the last year.
- Nigerians prefer to hold assets in bitcoins or stablecoins as the naira is susceptible to inflation, unlike fiat currencies.
- In July 2020, $105.6 billion in bitcoins were sent to African nations. Nigeria was the fastest-growing crypto market of these bitcoins.
- Paxful, the largest Bitcoin exchange in Africa, has integrated with the Lightning Network to make global payments and lower fees.
- Paxful is offering lower user fees than traditional Bitcoin transactions, thanks to a Lightning Network. It has pledged funds to the Built with Bitcoin Foundation to support a fellowship program in Nigeria.
Weekend Success Principles tips
Four Questions to Set Your Future Goals
You should start setting your goals now. Here are four questions to help you with that:
1. What would you do if you learned you would die six months from now?
2. If you suddenly won a million dollars – what’s the first thing you’d do?
3. What would you do if you had no fear of doing it?
4. What do you enjoy doing most?
“Remember: It doesn’t matter where you are coming from; all that really matters is where you’re going.” Bryan Tracy.