- IOHK has announced its partnership with EBU – European Business University of Luxembourg.
- As part of the EBU Certificate program, the university will incorporate Haskell into its curriculum.
Cardano (ADA) has been in the news for its recent price rally in the market. The upcoming Alonzo hardfork has created major excitement among investors. Cardano’s parent group IOHK continues to undertake challenging projects.
In one such undertaking, IOHK has announced its partnership with EBU – European Business University of Luxembourg – thereby making education accessible in developing countries in the African continent.
EBU has a non-profit organization dedicated to offering higher education along with certificate programs. It has joined hands with 36 organizations worldwide for educating more than 2000 students across 25 countries in Africa. The official announcement from EBU notes.
- Together, we intend to roll out our training programs on a wider scale. We firmly believe that EBU can play a pivotal role in furthering the prospects of the people of Africa with this expansion of their scholarship program that will provide great benefits to prospective students.
This collaboration between IOHK and EBU will give African students free access to educational material. This will further help IOHK to expand its teaching and content material. Besides, it also has a provision of courses in Plutus and Haskell. The goal is to empower people in developing countries to become self-sufficient and learn new developer skills.
Including Plutus and Haskell in the curriculum
There’s an increasing demand for Haskell developers in the market. IOHK’s education programs cater to this demand. Thus, students shall be able to work on DeFi solutions, tokenization projects, application programming, and smart contract developments.
EBU will also work towards promoting the IOHK role of getting smart contract expertise to students in Africa and other continents. This will prove to be positive for students interested in learning about the upcoming Alonzo release.
As part of the EBU Certificate program, the university will incorporate Haskell into its curriculum. Besides, students enrolled in the certificate program can access courses in Plutus and Haskell at no additional tuition fee. EBU has also planned an incentive program for getting more students to learn. The announcement notes:
- IOHK and EBU will work together to support the implementation of each other’s missions for education and the creation of opportunities for people in developing countries. This will be achieved using tools such as an education for all approach, the provision of learning hubs with internet for participants, and the practical implementation of blockchain solutions.
Students can enrol in these programs before the start of EBU’s new term on September 27.
Cardano partners with Coinfirm
In another development, Cardano Foundation has joined hands with blockchain analytics data provider Coinfirm. The two players together will work on deploying anti-money laundering rules along with combating financing terrorism. The Coinfirm website notes.
- Cardano Foundation, an independent Swiss-based non-profit that oversees and supervises the advancement of Cardano, has selected the leading RegTech and blockchain analytics provider Coinfirm to enhance the security of the crypto and blockchain economy.
Recently, Cardano founder Charles Hoskinson warned users to beware of the scams and misinformation surrounding the project and ADA prices.